DIVIDED INTO THREE PARTS, “LIVE BY
YOUR OWN RULES” WILL GUIDE YOU TO:
Look within yourself to understand what kind of human you are, and accept your strengths as well as your weaknesses.
Look at your life and allow yourself the belief that you can lead an extraordinary life and create rules that support it.
Implement new system. Utilize the industry’s leading tools and systems to implement this new system in your life.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU:
Felt or thought something that you immediately dismissed as inappropriate or wrong, even though they felt more genuine to who you are?
Experienced the urge to question the norm (whether it’s a belief, an opinion or a situation) but your first reaction was to worry about what people would say?
Felt guilty for not feeling content or for wondering why you weren’t content with life despite all you have?
Yearned so hard for happiness or an ideal outcome that it started to feel more like struggle than desire?
Felt triggered by others who are comfortable in their own skin, because you secretly don’t feel comfortable in yours?
Spent hours in a mental “court battle” with your inner critic just because you wanted to leave your comfort zone?
Felt terrified by the idea of expressing your honest opinions or emotions in fear of not “keeping it together”?
ARE YOU EVEN AWARE IF YOU’RE
HONEST WITH YOURSELF?
The problem for many of us isn’t that we don’t understand the value of authenticity or honesty. The problem is that many of us are unaware that we aren’t being authentic and honest with our own selves. We don’t have the courage to dig deep inside ourselves and define our own individual beliefs, values, and needs according to what is true to our own goals and desires. Instead, we end up building our lives and even our personalities by the rules, expectations, and definitions that our society has set for us.
As a result, we feel pressured to “toughen up”, conceal our real feelings and desires, keep up appearances, and tick the boxes on the list of superficial markers prepared for us without question. It doesn’t matter whether you’re from the luxury, holistic, or minimalist camp — or any camp really.
We build that beautiful facade that we convince ourselves is all we need, while we continue to suppress our true selves. And the more we pursue, the less satisfied we seem to become. The more boxes we tick, the more we don’t feel enough, worthy of unconditional love, or truly liberated.
IN LIVE BY YOUR OWN RULES QUEST:
- You can uncover, conquer, and tick away the small yet pivotal milestones towards self-acceptance, self-liberation, and authentic living
- Identify and be clear about the roles that you play, the masks that you wear, and the beliefs that are running your decisions
- Learn ways to innovate on how you work, love, play, and even fulfill your purpose
- Be more comfortable with uncertainty and change so you can take in every moment as it comes
- Define happiness, pleasure, and success according to your terms and your goals
- Begin to accept all the nuanced dimensions of you, be it the light or the dark side of your personality
- Allow yourself the right (and courage) to live and express your roles truthfully
- Attract company and communities that serve who you want to be?
- Care less about what others think, and care more about what you think
PART 1 — LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF (DAY 1-14)
For the first two weeks, one idea at a time, you’ll explore the beliefs and roles that power your routines, decisions, and emotions and your day to day life.
- Habit of consciousness:Anchor habit of consciousness to everyday rituals. Don’t focus on being perfect, only notice how you are making decisions.
- The paradox of masks:Notice the masks you put on throughout the day and think what you are hiding.
- Working with negative feelings:How do you deal with painful emotions? in which areas of your life you feel uncomfortable emotions.
PART 2 — LOOK AT YOUR LIFE (DAY 15-25)
In week 3, we look at the current rules and beliefs that you are consciously or unconsciously living by and identify which ones you should keep, remove, or completely redefine.
- Assessing Your Beliefs:Are your beliefs absolute or relative? Notice the beliefs that support and don’t support you.
- Your Beliefs Around Love & Relationships:What are your current beliefs when it comes to love or relationships? What beliefs would you change to create the scenarios that you would like to achieve in that area?
- Find the Comfort in Discomfort:Write down all the areas of your life and evaluate how happy are you in each of those from 0 to 10.
PART 3 — SYSTEMS FOR LIVING (DAY 26-31)
In the final week, you’ll be given tools and systems to make the changes you need to apply your new beliefs and rules to create your desired life.
- Daily Rituals:Pick an area in your life where you feel you need to grow the most, and design a ritual to honour and fulfill your goal in this area.
- Overcoming Fears:How to approach the fears you have around how people view you or how you may be viewed.
ABOUT KRISTINA MÄND-LAKHIANI
Kristina is a serial entrepreneur, speaker, mother, philanthropist, everyday-life philosopher, and a woman on her own journey of spiritual growth.
She is also the co-founder of Mindvalley, a global school that delivers transformational education for all ages, as well as Mindvalley Russian, its Russian-speaking vertical.
Kristina has been engaged in the personal transformation industry for over 15 years, collaborating and playing with leading thinkers and teachers in consciousness, relationships, human performance, parenting, and life optimisation. As a speaker, she has shared the stage with household names such as Lisa Nichols, Shefali Tsabary, Marisa Peer, and Jay Shetty.
She started her career working for the government of Estonia, where she was born and raised, before joining the nonprofit sector and worked for organisations such as the United Nations, Oxfam, and AIESEC.
In 2009, she launched Mindvalley Russian, taking Mindvalley’s best authors and teachings to the Russian-speaking market.
Throughout her journey, she’s been fortunate to acquire the tools and systems to help make authenticity the heart of her life. Whether it’s starting her own businesses, being active in causes she’s passionate about, going to the places she loves, embracing the virtuous and the “wicked” of her femininity, singing her two kids to sleep, playing the harp or immersing herself in classical literature — Kristina set on taking in and relishing every moment as it comes.
And she invites people to do the same, in their own way.