The 6 Pillars Of Transformational Parenting
At Little Humans, the experts and knowledge we curate are all based on six ‘pillars’ that form the foundation of an effective and compassionate parent. We call this framework Transformational Parenting – because once you apply it in your own personal way, it will transform how you nurture your child for the better.
1. Parental Beliefs
Whether it’s your spiritual beliefs, or your beliefs about life, self-love, friendship, morality and more: your beliefs as a parent will profoundly influence your child. As a Transformational Parent, you will learn to become more conscious of your belief systems.
2. Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence telegraphs how well you’re teaching your kids to express themselves emotionally, and also how well you’re leading by example. You’ll learn how to give them a safe space to share their feelings – which includes leading by example.
3. Routines & Rituals
From mealtime to playtime to bedtime, children thrive on positive routines. One of the Transformational Parenting philosophies you’ll learn is to create Genuine Encounter Moments (GEMS) with your children through routines and rituals.
4. External Influences
External influences like family members, teachers, your community, the media, and friends leave a huge impact on your child’s upbringing. You’ll explore how to manage those influences so your child enjoys healthy relationships with the people and institutions around them.
5. Parent To Parent Relationship
Our children are watching us, looking for clues on how to act and what to believe. It’s our duty to show them a good example of what a healthy relationship looks like. Which includes making a conscious decision to say or do (or NOT to say or do) certain things in front of them.
6. Education & Growth
We live in an era where parents have unprecedented access to education, and limitless opportunities for growth. As a Transformational Parent, you’ll learn how to make learning an adventure that’s both fun and fulfilling for your children and you.
Meet Your Trainers
16 Of The World’s Leading Parenting Experts Are Now Your Personal Trainers
Meet Your Little Humans Hosts
A renowned mixed-race documentary filmmaker and artist, Akira works with some of the world’s top minds, spreading stories the world needs to hear. His own journey as a husband and parent has inspired him to now focus on the subject of parenting, and empower parents with the wisdom they need to thrive and rise above today’s most pressing challenges in raising children.
Renee Airya Chan
Renee Airya is a world renowned speaker, brain tumor survivor and master healing practitioner. She is married to her soulmate and business partner, Akira Chan. At age 43, they found out the life changing news that they were pregnant. The birth of their son, Osiris, inspired them to create Little Humans. Their mission is to educate and inspire families to live their best lives together.
What You’ll Learn
The Transformation You Will Experience
You’re A Stronger Communicator
Whether it’s a brief conversation before school, or a lengthy heart-to-heart, you know how to speak to your child with love, clarity, and openness – and so do they.
You Set More Effective Rules & Boundaries
Children thrive on healthy rules and boundaries. You understand how to set sustainable ones that both you and them can honor over the long run.
You Lead By Example
You are your child’s biggest influence – and you always show up in a way that inspires and assures your child, without losing the essence of who you are.
You Make Better Decisions
It can often be hard to know if you’re making the right choices as a parent – but with intuition and the right perspectives, you’re now far more consistent.
You Help Resolve Challenges & Conflict
When faced with challenges or conflict, your child often looks to you for guidance. You know exactly how to help them resolve it themselves, and learn the best lessons.
You Encourage Better Habits & Rituals
You’ve successfully encouraged your child to trade the junk food and technology addictions with productive daily habits that help them stay healthy and productive.
You Inspire Confidence & Resilience
You’re equipped to help your child learn new skills, believe in themselves, and never give up when the going gets tough.
You Provide Limitless Love & Support
You’ve become a safe space for your child, and they always know they can count on you for love, support, and guidance.
Little Humans: A Labor Of Love
By Mindvalley & Vishen Lakhiani
Mindvalley founder Vishen Lakhiani became a parent over 12 years ago. Almost immediately, he made a commitment to approach his parenting journey in the same way he approaches personal growth: by questioning many of the preconceived notions surrounding parenting. And seeking out new knowledge and perspectives that could help him raise his children with greater love, compassion, and competence.
Then, he met Renee Airya and Akira Chan, whose shared passion for parenting led to the Little Humans project: a global initiative to seek out the world’s best parenting experts, and share their knowledge across the globe.
Mindvalley is thrilled to add the subject of parenting to our curriculum. Parenting is an incredible opportunity to not just nurture a child who’ll go on to make their own positive impact on the world – but also to explore our true selves, and discover skills, passions, and gifts we never knew we had.
The Little Humans Membership
The Little Humans Membership is a subscription program offering full access to our entire collection of knowledge: featuring dozens of experts and 20+ hours of training you can watch at any time and in any order.
Each expert trains you in a specific area of parenting, with sessions divided into bite-sized lessons you can consume at your own pace.
And to help you absorb your learnings, each training also features accompanying workbooks, lesson highlights, transcripts, and action steps.
You’ll also have the option of video and audio versions of each training, so you can upgrade your parenting skills on the go.
Training 1: Spaces For Living, Playing & Learning
With Avital Schriebel, Mindful Parenting Coach
Get practical ideas on creating living, playing, and learning spaces that inspire creativity and peace of mind for you and your child.
- Decluttering Your Parenting: how to remove clutter from your parenting style, your home, and your child’s life
- Play Space Design To Foster Creativity: awaken your child’s creative potential with play spaces that let their imaginations run wild
Training 2: Turning Conflict Into Connection
With Debbie Godfrey, Author & Certified Parent Educator
Discover how to upgrade your communication skills, and turn moments of conflict into opportunities for empathy and connection.
- Power Struggles: follow these steps to minimize conflict, and teach your child valuable lessons without disempowering them.
- Listening To Your Child: learn how to truly listen to what your child is telling you (it’s often not what’s on the surface).
Training 3: Parenting In The Modern Age
With Preston Smiles & Alexi Panos, Founders of The Bridge Method
From juggling your career, to your self-identity, to creating balance in you and your child’s life, you’ll learn how to manage the unique challenges faced by parents in modern society.
- The Great Balancing Act: how to be an effective parent, even if you’ve got a busy career.
- Why Play Is Crucial For A Child’s Development: tips for structuring playtime in a way you can actually keep up with, even on the most hectic days
- Dealing With The Fear Of Becoming A Parent: you don’t need to lose your spark or self-identity, just because you’re becoming a parent
Training 4: Becoming A Successful Co-Parent
With Summer Felix-Mulder & Mike Mulder, Co-Hosts of the ‘Everything Always’ podcast
No matter how your marriage or relationship changes, you can still give your child the loving, secure, and supportive upbringing they deserve.
- Secrets Of Successful Co-Parenting: how to recapture happiness and stability in any family configuration – even if the children aren’t yours
- Co-Parenting With The Ex-Spouse: learn how to set and maintain boundaries, and put your child first no matter how you feel about each other
Training 5: The Value of Bedtime Rituals
With Andrew Newman, Founder of The Conscious Bedtime Story
Bedtime is a wonderful opportunity to connect and reflect with your child. Add some magic to yours with these brilliant bedtime rituals, including a reading of Andrew’s popular bedtime story.
- Bedtime Connection Rituals: get a treasure chest of ideas for bedtime rituals that encourage bonding and relaxation
- A Bedtime Story: The Hug Who Got Stuck: a special reading of Andrew’s beloved conscious bedtime story
Training 6: Feeding The Body & Mind
With Eric Edmeades, Creator of Wildfit
Once you understand the science behind childhood nutrition, you’ll realize it’s easy to nourish your child with food for their body and mind. And yes, they’ll actually enjoy it.
- Breaking Unhealthy Food Habits: follow these simple steps to ensure your child is getting the right nutrition, and avoiding the bad stuff.
- The Truth About Breastmilk: a definitive answer to the breastmilk vs formula debate
Training 7: Accelerating Your Child’s Learning
With Jim Kwik, Memory & Speed Learning Expert
By understanding how your child learns and retains information, you can dramatically accelerate their learning speed and ability by following a few easy steps.
- Making Learning Fun: schools don’t teach our children this simple technique, but you can
- The 5 Levels Of Transformation: use this proven formula to help your child switch on their mind’s fullest potential, creativity, and intuition
- Improving Your Child’s Memory: use this 10-step method to instantly improve your child’s ability to absorb and retain information
Training 8: Conscious Parenting
With Dr. Shefali Tsabary, Clinical Psychologist & New York Times Bestselling Author
Explore Dr. Shefali’s revolutionary approach to parenting, and prepare for a deep transformation in your relationship with your child – and your own inner child.
- The 7 Stubborn Myths Of Parenting: discover how they damage both children and parents, and which ones you’re still holding onto
- The Importance Of Parenting Your Inner Child: why parenting is not just about the child in front of you, but the one inside you
Training 9: Raising Kids With Healthy Beliefs
With Shelly Lefkoe, Co-Founder of The Lefkoe Institute
Your child’s belief system impacts everything from their self-love in the present, to their success later in life. Discover how to nurture healthy beliefs in your child.
- The Most Dangerous Belief: learn how to erase this common disempowering belief from your child’s subconscious mind
- 4 Words To Never Use: many parents unknowingly use these every day, and damage their children’s beliefs in the process
Training 10: Attachment Parenting
With Dr. Nelly Farnoody-Zahiri, Family Psychologist, Author & TV Host
Learn from a parenting philosophy that embodies empathy, closeness, and compassion between you and your child.
- Deepening Your Bond With Your Child: it all starts by understanding your personal attachment style
- Helping Your Child Reach A Secure Attachment: how to reassure your child that you’re always there for them
Training 11: Mother’s Health & Postpartum Care
With Kimberly Johnson, Author & Postpartum Specialist
When you approach pregnancy and childbirth in the right way, you’ll learn it can be a wonderful opportunity for learning, self-reflection, and even personal growth.
- The 5 Pillars Of Postpartum Healing: use these pointers to heal your mind, body, and soul – and emerge from childbirth stronger than ever
- Restoring Vitality Postpartum: a special guide to optimize your recovery in the 30 – 60 days after childbirth
Training 12: Emotional Intelligence & Empathy
With Rhea Lalla, Author & CEO of Build Great Minds
Nurture emotional intelligence and empathy in your child, and they’ll gain a lifetime of stronger relationships and decision-making skills.
- The Cornerstones Of Emotional Intelligence: use these 3 steps to develop lifelong emotional intelligence in your child
- Nurturing Empathy & Compassion: lead by example and empower your child with great people and communication skills
Training 13: Moving Through Grief & Loss
With Christina Rasmussen, Crisis Intervention Counselor & Author
Grief and loss are inevitable parts of life – but lifelong trauma and pain doesn’t have to be. Discover how to best help your child navigate these challenging times.
- The 5 Steps To Moving On After Loss: learn how children process trauma differently compared to adults, and how to help them move on
- Managing Death, Loss & Disappointment: get powerful coping tools to help you and your child deal with even the most devastating losses
Training 14: ADHD & Happiness
With Dr. Ned Hallowell, ADHD Expert & New York Times Bestselling Author
Learn the truth about ADHD, one of the most common neurological conditions in children. Then, explore how to nurture happiness in your child, even in less-than-ideal scenarios.
- Superparenting For Distracted Kids: an essential perspective for every parent of ADHD-diagnosed children
- The Roots Of Happiness: how to teach your child to choose happiness in 5 steps (yes, happiness is a teachable skill)
Training 15: Raising Resilient Kids
With Renee Jain, Childhood Resilience & Anxiety Relief Expert
A resilient child is one who rises above stress and adversity, and never gives up on the path to their goals. It’s one of the most important qualities you can nurture in yours.
- Mastering Emotions: teach your child to master their emotions, and in turn develop resilience in 3 straightforward steps
- Beating Stress: follow these 3 steps to help your child rise above stress at school and at home
Training 16: The World As A Classroom
With The Murray Family, Parenting Vloggers
Meet the Murrays: an extraordinary family that embarked on a 24-year ‘family vagabonding adventure’ across the world, and learned a series of extraordinary lessons in the process.
- How To Make The World Your School: discover how to guide your child towards priceless learning opportunities far beyond the classroom
- The Parent To Parent Dynamic: learn to establish a pattern of strong communication and cooperation with your partner, and watch as your child starts embodying it too.